Cutting the wedding cake is an iconic moment during your wedding reception, and finding the perfect song to accompany this sweet tradition can be a challenge. Whether you’re looking for something romantic, upbeat, or classic, we’ve curated a list of 30 cake cutting songs to suit every style and mood. We’ve divided our list into categories, each with a brief description of the ambiance they create, so you can easily find the perfect tune for your big day.
Romantic and Sentimental Cake Cutting Songs
For couples who want to keep the focus on their love and commitment, these romantic and sentimental songs are perfect for creating a tender and intimate atmosphere during the cake cutting ceremony.
- “Can’t Help Falling in Love” – Elvis Presley
- “A Thousand Years” – Christina Perri
- “All of Me” – John Legend
- “Your Song” – Elton John
- “Thinking Out Loud” – Ed Sheeran
- “I Will Always Love You” – Whitney Houston
- “At Last” – Etta James
- “Amazed” – Lonestar
- “You and Me” – Lifehouse
- “Marry Me” – Train
Upbeat and Fun Cake Cutting Songs
If you’re looking to create an energetic and lively atmosphere during your cake cutting ceremony, these upbeat and fun songs are sure to get your guests clapping, singing along, and sharing in the excitement of the moment.
- “Sugar” – Maroon 5
- “Happy” – Pharrell Williams
- “I Gotta Feeling” – The Black Eyed Peas
- “You Make My Dreams” – Hall & Oates
- “Love on Top” – Beyoncé
- “Treasure” – Bruno Mars
- “Dancing Queen” – ABBA
- “I Want to Hold Your Hand” – The Beatles
- “How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved by You)” – James Taylor
- “Crazy Little Thing Called Love” – Queen
Classic and Timeless Cake Cutting Songs
For couples who appreciate the classics and want to create a timeless and elegant atmosphere, these well-loved tracks are sure to evoke feelings of nostalgia and romance during your cake cutting ceremony.
- “The Way You Look Tonight” – Frank Sinatra
- “Unforgettable” – Nat King Cole
- “What a Wonderful World” – Louis Armstrong
- “Fly Me to the Moon” – Frank Sinatra
- “L-O-V-E” – Nat King Cole
- “Stand by Me” – Ben E. King
- “Can’t Take My Eyes Off You” – Frankie Valli
- “My Girl” – The Temptations
- “Cheek to Cheek” – Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong
- “It Had to Be You” – Harry Connick Jr.
No matter what style or mood you’re aiming for during your cake cutting ceremony, our list of 30 songs provides plenty of options to create the perfect soundtrack for this memorable moment. Remember to consider your personal tastes and the atmosphere you want to create as you make your selection, and enjoy the sweet sounds of your chosen track as you slice into your delicious wedding cake.